Saturday, March 6, 2010

First Week of March

Well, this weekend I planted pretty much the rest of the garden, with a few transplants, but mostly seeds. It left me really sore, and until the seeds sprout, I don't really have much to show for it. Everything that was previously planted is coming along nicely.

Here are a couple of mints. There's strawberries behind them, but they were roots, not transplants so it will be a while before they appear.


This plot with herbs previously, now has the tomatos and peppers!


I've got a lot more lettuce sprouts...


The radishes are getting lots of leaves...


All the potatoes have sprouts (though I only show one)...


The kale has leaves and I reseeded the neighboring plot. Hopefully it comes up soon.


The spinach is looking good.


The swiss chard seems a little slow in comparison though.


And I couldn't find sweet potato slips, so one square gets a dill instead. Still need to think of something for the remaining square that was supposed to get them.


I'm still missing a few herbs and things, like rosemary, basil, bee balm, rose geranium, and I know I'm forgetting something...

Anyway, I hope next weekend the beds finally look like they're utilized.

No comments:

Post a Comment