Sunday, February 28, 2010

End of February

It looks like everything came through the cold days fine and is mostly right on track.

I'm still waiting for one of the kales to sprout, so far I have 25% germination on those. Also waiting on a few spinach, carrots, and chard. The radishes are pretty much all up and thinned to 16 per square. Some of them already have their real leaves coming in. I hope I get a lot of growth this next week, since I'm supposed to mound up soil for the potatoes next weekend, but I only have a single tiny sprout so far.

Here's how things are looking so far. From left to right, top row - radishes, onions, potato, chard. Second row - carrots, broccoli, garlic, lettuce.



And here are some plants I got at the Harris County Agrilife Extension spring plant sale. I got tomatoes (viva italia and Texas wild cherry), bell peppers (big bertha and golden summer), habanero, jalapeno (mucho nacho), and mariachi peppers. These will be going in the ground next weekend along with all the rest of the seeds, finally filling all the squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment