Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mid March

Wow, lots of seeds sprouting in just a week! A couple I didn't take pictures of include lemongrass and basil!

First, I'll start with the box planted in February. The potatoes are coming up nicely and I've already started mounding the soil around them. Unfortunately, it looks like I'm not going to get any broccoli, the weather warmed up too fast. Radishes should be ready for harvest at the end of this month! Next time, I'll plant each square 15 days apart for two small harvests rather than one huge one.

From left to right- potato, radish, chard, broccoli, kale, spinach



Here's a view of the farthest left-hand bed. I bought a tomatillo today and there is also lemongrass sprouting that is not pictured.

From left to right- whole bed, okra, tomatillo


More asparagus is coming up and leafing out.


Here are pictures from the middle right-hand bed. All the corn is coming up. In the morning, they just looked like sprouts, by the afternoon, they looked like they had leaves!
From left to right- salad greens, green bean, green bean, summer squash, corn


Also today, I bought genovese basil for the nearest right-hand bed. Chives are sprouting and also some basil, probably thai.
From left to right- whole bed, basil, chives


I've got cucumber sprouting in the nearest left-hand bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment