Sunday, July 25, 2010

June 27th

I found a pretty caterpillar on the parsley!


The plot with watermelon and canteloupes is looking nice. Especially with the mystery grass (corn?) in the foreground. I've even got a watermelon and a canteloupe developing!


Fluffy asparagus.


The corn is defintely done now. I'm sad I didn't get any edible ears.


I harvested the chard and this is what's left.


Basil!


A bunch of tomatoes ready, which I harvested and you can really see that the peppers are all getting lush again. Even the habanero is growing now. The tomatoes became more pasta sauce of course.


I finally had to put a support on the loofah, it's gotten so big and heavy. Oops, I left one of the cucumbers on too long and it got bleached. I tried eating it but it was too bitter. Also, the mints got cut back again, even harder this time. Even though it's peppermint and not spearmint, I made Pudina (Mint) Potatoes from the fresh leaves. Wow, I never thought mint would go with potatoes but it's really nice this way! Looking for recipes to use up mint paid off!

No comments:

Post a Comment