Saturday, May 22, 2010

April 24

I finally got all the pictures off the camera so now I have to fill in the posts for the missings weeks.

First up is my first big failure.

The spinach was looking like it was going to bolt, so I harvested all of it. Unfortunately, I had used seaweed fertilizer the day before and although I thought I washed it very well, it was inedible after it was cooked. It was like the residue from the fertilizer was too sticky to wash off or something. Yuck. Looked pretty though. It was sauteed with garlic.


In better news, everything was coming along nicely.

Here is the plot with mint, strawberries, cucumber and loofah. I finally found a bee balm to put in the corner.


A view of the plot with herbs, peppers and tomatoes-


Mariachi peppers, jalapenos, one of the bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, roma tomatoes-


The salad and corn plot. The greenbeans in this plot aren't doing too well for some reason. The leaves are light yellow and even the ones that are green seem to be warped.


Asparagus-


The cool season plot. You can see the remains of the harvested spinach and replanted salad greens in the squares that had broccoli.


The cilantro and parsley plot.


Purslane, some random-interesting-seeds-some-doves-left-so-I-planted-them (I think it's a type of corn), okra is finally starting to grow bigger, tomatillo, watermelon and canteloupe-

No comments:

Post a Comment