Sunday, May 23, 2010

End of May!

Everything is looking better this week. Even though temperatures are consistently in the 90s, I've been watering less. I think was overwatering before.

First off, I harvested 2lb 4oz of potatoes! I think they're all yukon gold. Haven't eaten any yet though. There are a couple of big ones, but most are new potato size.


Then there's the mint plot. The loofah gourd is starting to flower, and I'm getting a couple of young cucumbers. The last picture shows the runners that the two mints are trying to send out. I need to cut them every time I see them before they take root.


The pepper/tomato plot. Big bertha bell, golden summer bell, mariachi peppers (there aren't that many left, I keep eating them), habanero (never grew), jalapeno, cherry tomato (sweet with a nice burst of flavor, can't wait to eat some in a salad!), roma tomato, zucchini (plenty of flowers but still no fruit).


Corn!


I take back what I said about the asparagus never looking different, it's big and really filling in now. Also the cypress vine I planted there is now climbing up the trellis.


The cilantro/parsley plot, tomatillo, okra, close-up of okra flower bud, rue and stevia, unidentified corn thing with lots of parsley in background, a bug on the tomatillo, lemon grass (it's growing veeery slooowly), coriander.


The cool season plot, some young salad greens, two now empty square where the potatoes were, red onions, radishes and sweatpea (the radishes didn't radish properly), red onions.


And some random pictures from the mint plot... an almost ripe strawberry and a view behind the mint where you can see lavender, lemon balm, and rosemary, with strawberries in the foreground.

No comments:

Post a Comment