Monday, April 5, 2010

First week of April

We harvested some more broccoli! There was more thist time and I think the two harvests combined are about a small to medium head's worth. Hopefully, the rest of secondary heads will get bigger before the heat gets to them. This time I got a picture of the steamed broccoli with its beautiful dark green color.


The thyme is starting to bloom. Before I put down the mulch, it was starting to spread like crazy. It doesn't look like it can spread too easily anymore with the mulch.


For some reason, the strawberry roots I got didn't ever grow, so I bought a bunch of Seascape plants and replaced them. They're everbearing and should start producing around June.


And my purslane is coming along nicely!


And now some general progress pictures. The green beans are starting to climb the trellis!

No comments:

Post a Comment